Learn more about my views on high velocity development. It may be the best investment you’ve ever made for your team.
Be the Quantum Leap
Your market is being disrupted by transformative new technology. Not just better apps, but quantum leaps in tech. You want to be the source of those quantum leaps, not the roadkill.
Bake learning & constant transformation into your dev team’s DNA. If you want to survive change, you must eradicate your development team’s fear of change and embrace constant transformation and renewal.
Assess Your Team
Take a hard look at your engineering team. Most have a deep, organization-level fear of change, crippling productivity. Developers are great at doing what they’re comfortable with, and they will endure serious process obstacles for as long as you allow them to exist.
- How long does it take for your engineering team to fix a bug and ship a quality fix to production?
- Has your team ever had to make live hot fixes on the production code? Has that ever gone wrong?
- Can your team prototype and test a major UI redesign on your live production code without disturbing the user experience for everybody?
- Have you ever waited weeks or months for simple changes to go out live to your customers?
- Bugs in live code get fixed in the live product within 24 hours on a regular basis with near zero risk.
- 99.9% of bugs get caught before they ship to users and degrade user experience.
- New features can be toggled on and off, safely tested, and gradually rolled out, all in production.
- All changes to production code get rolled out while key business metrics are tracked in realtime so you always know the impact of product changes on the business bottom line.
I have been building and consulting on large scale production apps for over 15 years. I can teach your team what works, what doesn’t, and how to apply their skills most effectively to your mission.
Architect for Change
Components, modules, microservices and distributed architectures play important roles in developer productivity and product reliability. Your team will learn about these things in the following courses:
- Introduction to Node, ES6+, & React
Ongoing Webcasts and bonus features
“I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it’s been”. ~ Wayne Gretzky
Technology never stops marching on, and I’ve made a commitment to skating to where the puck is going so I can learn about it and teach it to your team before you have a chance to get left behind. We host regular webcasts and regularly crank out new content. Make sure your team always has access to the latest best practices in engineering.